Here are the stats of the big guy’s easter outfit.
The pants are made with cotton seersucker purchased at Hancock’s Fabrics, using Burda Magazine 11/2003, pattern 149. There’s a full review of the pattern on patternreview.com. It took me more time than it should have (surprise!) because I was a madwoman hell-bent on matching the horizontal stripes at every seam. Otherwise a very simple and cute pattern.
The hat was made using the same fabric and cut from Butterick 3632 (size small). Evidently this pattern is now out of print. The pattern calls for double layer of fleece throughout, so my hat fabric was much, much thinner – and I didn’t line the crown, so the small fit Liam’s large melon. I sewed two of the seams wrong sides together so that they’d be frayed on the outside. The fraying probably took longer to do than the actual sewing. Again, there’s a full review on patternreview.com.
Liam’s hat was actually Easter Hat #2. I made the first using Wild Things! free software. Unfortunately, I cut for a 19″ circumference which turned out too small. The software was nice and the hat cute. The brim was much more circular and less bucket-like than the Butterick. Fortunately, it fits Liam’s best girl Regan. And, unfortunately, I forgot to take a pic. Anywho, since the Butterick was a bit larger, I decided to use it for the second attempt.
Last, but not least, Liam’s shirt is a Garanimals long sleeve tee with a cute little chick from lazymay embroidered on it. Super quick and actually relaxing little project.